Re: gEDA-user: gschem in KDE launch

Charles Lepple wrote:

On Sunday, February 1, 2004, at 05:32 PM, John Eaton wrote:

How do I tell KDE to set the working directory to the
same one where you found the file.

untested, but calling a script like this should work:

#!/bin/bash

cd $(dirname $1)
gschem $1

Yes, scripts and terminal commands work great. But after all these years of
hearing how great and easy to use gui's are I thought I would give them
a shot. So I am trying to convert over and am wondering when the "easy"
part kicks in.

This would work if I created one folder (My Documents) and put everything
there but my tasks require mulitiple seperate project folders and I can't mix
it all together. and each one need to have its own enviroment.

Computers can be made easy to use. All you have to do is make all your
problems easy to solve.

The other solution could be if gschem supports something other than {$HOME}
that points to the working directory. If I run:

gschem ~/projects/trinity/main.sch

is there a gschem variable that would get set to

/home/johne/projects/trinty

That would fix it for me.

John Eaton