Re: gEDA-user: gschem in KDE launch

That Works!!!

Many thanks

John Eaton

Charles Lepple wrote:

John Eaton said:

This would work if I created one folder (My Documents) and put

everything

there but my tasks require mulitiple seperate project folders and I
can't mix
it all together. and each one need to have its own enviroment.

I understand. What I guess I didn't explain is that you would use the
aforementioned script as a KDE action.

To set this up (in KDE 3.1.5; YMMV):

* Open Konqueror to one of your project directories
* Right-click on a .sch icon, and choose "Edit File Type..."
* Click the "Add..." button in the "Application preference order" box
* Browse to the script
* Choose "use terminal" to debug the launch process
* Click "OK" to get back to the "Edit File Type" box
* Use the "Move Up" button if necessary so that your script is first on
the list

Then, any time you open a schematic in Konqueror, it should (by way of
the
script I mentioned in the last email) use the gEDA settings from the
directory of the schematic.

This could all be wrapped up in a .desktop file, which would in theory
work for both Gnome and KDE. Any takers?