Re: gEDA-user: promotion of attributes

>Is there a way to promote selective attributes in a symbol?

	Not at the moment.

>I have symbols with many attributes. I want to promote
>
>a) the visible attributes
>b) only "some" of the invisible attributes
>
>a) is easy.
>
>For (b) I know that there is a way of promoting "all" the invisible
>attributes. My question is , is there a way of adding something
>to the symbol so that I can just promote a selective few invisible
>ones?

	No mechanism exists for this currently, though there was some
interest a while ago about being able to selectively promote attributes
(namely the source= attribute for example).  Looks like I will have to
start thinking about this.  Chances are I will create a list somewhere
(in an rc file) which lists all attributes which are promoted regardless
of their visibility.

	Out of curiosity, in what context do you want to promote
invisible attributes (i.e. why do you want to do this)?

								-Ales