Re: gEDA-user: gnetlist dumps core

I can open and netlist (-g drc2) your schematic fine:

[sdb@Fermat ~/Christoph]$ gnetlist -g drc2 -o testschem.drc testschem.sch
gEDA/gnetlist version 20041228
gEDA/gnetlist comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; see COPYING for more details.
This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
conditions; please see the COPYING file for more details.

Remember to check that your schematic has no errors using the drc2 backend.
You can do it running 'gnetlist -g drc2 your_schematic.sch -o drc_output.txt'
and seeing the contents of the file drc_output.txt.

[sdb@Fermat ~/Christoph]$

You problem occurs when loading the RC files.  The code causing the
segfault is trying to load your RC files; the call to
g_list_find_custom is looking to see if the specifified RC file has
already been read in (it probably hasn't since you are just starting
up gnetlist).

Here are some things to look at:

*  Are your RC files OK?  IN particular, verify that the file
"/home/cl/geda/share/gEDA/system-gafrc" exists and is readable.  Since
you can run gschem, it is probably OK.

*  Please provide a session log of what happens when you start up and
run gnetlist.  We are particularly interested in debug spew.  Please
run gnetlist with the -v flag set.

*  What version of GTK do you have?  Please execute this command:

pkg-config gtk+-2.0 --modversion

*  Your backtrace shows that the pointer w_current changes its hex
value as you make successive function calls.  This suggests a memory
management problem or a loose pointer.  We have been hacking a lot in
that particular file recently.  Maybe there is a  bug which we
created and haven't found yet.  If you are a new gEDA user, you might
want to just grab the stable, release distribution from the CD or from
the release directory and install & use that instead.

OTOH, if you want to hack, and have the skills, you might want to run
valgrind on gnetlist and try to find if there are some undiscovered
memory issues lurking in there.  We'd be interested in hearing what
you find.

Stuart