Re: gEDA-user: gnetlist dumps core

Stuart Brorson wrote:

I can open and netlist (-g drc2) your schematic fine:
[..]
*  Are your RC files OK?  IN particular, verify that the file
"/home/cl/geda/share/gEDA/system-gafrc" exists and is readable.  Since
you can run gschem, it is probably OK.

This file does exist on my system and is readable.

*  Please provide a session log of what happens when you start up and
run gnetlist.  We are particularly interested in debug spew.  Please
run gnetlist with the -v flag set.

gnetlist -v crashes before outputting anything more than the GNU disclaimer.

*  What version of GTK do you have?  Please execute this command:

pkg-config gtk+-2.0 --modversion

My GTK version is 2.4.14

* Your backtrace shows that the pointer w_current changes its hex
value as you make successive function calls. This suggests a memory
management problem or a loose pointer. We have been hacking a lot in
that particular file recently. Maybe there is a bug which we
created and haven't found yet. If you are a new gEDA user, you might
want to just grab the stable, release distribution from the CD or from
the release directory and install & use that instead.

I'm new to gEDA but I don't need it for my work, so I just wanted to play
around a little bit. I compiled the CVS devel version because the release
distribution failed to compile on my system.

I added the config.h, a strace and a ltrace dump in the attachment.
Maybe it gives you an idea of what's going on here.

Stuart

Christoph