gEDA-user: From schematic to pcb..m4 elements are missing?

Hello group,
just now I'm playing with the example of the pcb2pcb tutorial... and the gsch2pcb tells me, that the m4 elements in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/pcb/m4/common.m4 are missing.
Honestly the complete folder is not there.

Background:
I tried to install via CD-Version, but the pcb part fails to build.
So I build the pcb part manually - and I think it is possible, that all m4 parts are still missing.

How I can add this and solve the problem?

Many Thanks
Manfred