Re: gEDA-user: Please submit comments and bug reports for install

Hi Stuard,

PCB-Part.

I'll bet that you have a new version of gcc. The newest versions of gcc don't successfully compile GnuCap -- it's a GnuCap bug:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnucap/2004-10/msg00001.html

I will bundle the newest GnuCap into the next rev of the CD, so I hope
that this problem is solved.

In this case I think I can wait for the next cd-versio - because so far I think I need gschem, pcb and gerber tools only (?) to create a PCB.

Of course, if you never had PCB on your machine before, this bug is
something else. Did you re-install PCB to get this error?

No, the system was virgin.
I worried so about the fact tha I don't know which library could fail, or which system setting could produce this problem that I re-install the complete suse professional.

First I thougt, that it is the Linux version, but after re-intsall the complete Suse 9.0 Professional with all Librarys I would think which will need, the problem still exists.
Peter told me, that he know the problem too.
Perhaps you could have a look into it?

Yes, If I will able to understand, what the problem is... ;-)
I'll have a look into the log again - but I feel that the log don't tell me, what the real problem is...

Manfred