Re: gEDA-user: Tin pest

Where do you get tin/bismuth? I didn't find it at my local supplier
Distrelec (distrelec.ch).
Here is one of our vendors who sell it:

http://www.aimsolder.com

Here is the specification for the particular product (Wire as opposed to paste):

http://www.aimsolder.com/tds/OAJ_Cored_Wire.PDF

susceptable to tin pests. In fact,

The scientific papers state that silver prevents pest very little and doesn't prevent in the low percentages that are present in tin/silver solder. Why do you assert tin/silver is not susceptible to tin pest?

CL<

We have never had this issue. What is the ratio of tin to silver that these paper say
is too little (Or enough....)?

Best

Marvin