Re: gEDA-user: six-layer stack

> I'm "nearly done" with a six-layer design using pcb.  I have assumed
> all along that the layers come in triplets, so with two ground planes
> every trace is close to ground.  Nominal dielectric thicknesses would
> be 5+5+30+5+5 mils.

That's a very odd stackup.  Normally, they build a six layer board
from 2 laminates (2 sides each) plus the 2 outer layers.  The
laminates are usually thicker than 5 mils.  The outer layers are built
differently from the laminates, which is why you can get the 5-8 mil
thicknesses there.

What you are describing is more like a 4 layer board (one laminate
plus outer layers) with 2 additional outer layers on top.

Matt