Re: gEDA-user: pcb 1.99q: could not create rectangle over lines

Klaus Rudolph wrote:

Hi all,

I use pcb 1.99q. If I create a rectangle or a polygone over allready
routed lines, the rectangle will cover all the lines and also the DRC throw an error message because of the shorted nets.

The older version pcb-20050315 works as I expect.

Is this a bug or is there a new "feature"?

Probably neither. The lines carry a property of whether they touch or clear polygons. You get to choose this property in the settings menu for the creation of new lines. You just created them with the touch property, when you wanted the clear property.

You can always flip the property afterwards with the "j" key.

h.