Re: gEDA-user: quick question

Stuart Brorson wrote:

Anyway, the biggest missing piece to the puzzle here is good mechanical 3D CAD.

Stuart
Sigh - We gave up and purchased 2 Varicad seats. Costly, but it retired the issue.

The problem regarding CAD and Linux is elemental: Decent libre 2D CAD does
not exist on Linux. Also, don't try to sell me on QCAD: Anyone with intermediate
CAD experience knows better (Even the pay version sucks). Now, 3D in Linux
can be done using BRLCAD, but it's *painful* You have to want it bad and have
the intestinal fortitude for a late 1970's to early 1980's user interface. Think
IBM 3180 coaxial terminal...

Best

Marvin