gEDA-user: Building from sources

I pulled in the sources from CVS, made sure I had all of the packages listed
here: http://geda.seul.org/developer.html and I am trying to build gEDA from
the sources for the first time.

Running make all seems to go through the configure stage just fine, but make
fails in libgeda/src after building a few source files with this error:

no -L -R'f_print.c : *' ../noweb/f_print.nw > ../src/f_print.c
/bin/sh: no: command not found

What is the no command?  Or is that just an indication that I don't have
something I need?  Grepping for ' no' in the libgeda/src/Makefile gives this:

GINDENT = no
LIBGDGEDACONFIG = no
NOTANGLE = no

(comments omitted).