Re: gEDA-user: Building from sources

On Sunday 12 February 2006 07:34, Stuart Brorson wrote:
> Hmmm...  Guile 1.6.7. is OK.
>
> Well I'm out of ideas, and you are in a world of hurt.
>
> The only thing I can suggest right now is to look at your config.log
> file in the libgeda directory and figure out why configure thinks you
> have noweb installed.  (It must think so since it doesn't invoke the
> guile replacement scripts for noweb.)  All of configure's
> deliberations and conclusions are logged in that file.  Also see if
> you can figure out why the guile noweb replacement isn't being
> invoked.
>
> FWIW, if you read the Makefile.am and configure.ac files in libgeda,
> you can learn from them what method is used to deduce how to run the
> noweb stuff.  Don't read the straight Makefile or configure -- at
> least at first -- since they are much too confusing.

I think I found the problem.  configure.ac has these lines for testing for
noweb:

	# search for notangle
	AC_PATH_PROG(NOTANGLE, notangle, no, ${PATH})
	cfiles=`\ls -1 src/libgeda.c 2> /dev/null`
	exit_status=$?

	if test "$NOTANGLE" = "no" -a "$exit_status" = "1"; then

But when I put an echo in this section, $exit_status = 2.  So I changed the
test to:

	if test "$NOTANGLE" = "no" -a "$exit_status" != "0"; then

in configure.ac for libgeda and in gscheme.  Now when I run 'make config' I
see on the screen:

	checking for notangle... no
	** Cannot find notangle (part of noweb) : using notangle_guile instead **

Now 'make install' is getting much further.  I am building libgeda and only
failing to find a_pan and a_pan_general and a_pan_mouse while linking gschem,
but I will dig into that.

Thanks for the help, Stuart.  Regards,
Daniel