Re: gEDA-user: gnetlist errors

Carlos,

Thanks for the reply. Based on previous discussions, I have considered updated to the next release, but we're in the middle of a large project and am not sure we can take on the risk of changing tool sets just now. Installing the release I'm using (20050805), took more effort than expected. Having the last error fixed is a benefit I'll have to weigh.

Having the symbols updated won't help me much. I'm using custom symbols for the most part. This is not my preference, but this whole design was ported from another tool (schematic pages and all symbols) and for the most part, the existing gEDA symbols "don't fit". Eventually, I'd like to re-work everything to take advantage of updated gEDA symbol libraries.

Regarding the idea of "updating", I see that there is an update function in the menu, but I can't seem to make it do anything. I was hoping it would let me "refresh" the definition of the instantiated symbol in my schematic, while keeping any attributes that I've attached or modified. A brief look at the code seemed to hint at that kind of functionality too. Anybody know how this function is supposed to work? Without this kind of functionality, it seems like "updating" means manually replacing all the required symbols (~500 instances total) which I don't relish at all.

Joe T

Carlos Nieves Ãnega wrote:

Hi Joe,
please update to the latest release. The error number 3 is fixed, and
the drc2 backend will complain a lot less with the symbols included in
the release (also update your schematics with the new symbols).

Regards,

Carlos

El lun, 13-02-2006 a las 21:06 -0800, joeft escribiÃ:

I'm seeing 3 gnetlist errors I don't know what to do with.  My command line is (for example)

gnetlist -vv -g drc2 -o output.net schematic_1.sch schematic_2.sch

1) I see a lot of errors like this (which IMHO are pretty useless):
ERROR: Net GND is not driven.

2) And this error is probably trying to tell me something other than that a net is connected to itself:
ERROR: unknown: U6:7 C18:1 connected to unknown: U6:7 C18:1

3) My favorite is when I gnetlist 2 (or more) schematic pages I get this:
ERROR: In procedure apply:
ERROR: Wrong type argument in position 1: #<variable 80591c0 binding: #<primitive-procedure <>>

(This appears to be written to stderr while the other stuff is in the output file.)

Any clues?

Thanks,

Joe T