Re: gEDA-user: Starting with geda - component footprints.

> DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Yeah, we really should write a footprint editing mode for pcb.

I totally agree with this.   Currently, drawing footprints using PCB
is very difficult, and is non-standard to boot.   Better would be to
allow the user to drop to a footprint editing mode via a menu option
(or right mouse button click), like gschem allows for symbols.

> It exists already, right?  Read the PCB-tips and you'll see.

I take it you mean that emacs is your footprint editor?

Yes, I also use emacs and Perl (and John Luciani's website) as tools
for creating footprints.  However, newbies expect something a little
more user-friendly.  In any event, since the footprints are stored in
ASCII, then we can always use emacs and Perl on them, whether there is
a GUI footprint editor or not.

Stuart