Re: gEDA-user: PCB footprint mapping

On Sun, Feb 19, 2006 at 08:38:32AM -0500, Stuart Brorson wrote:

> > Is there a place in official documentation of PCB where it is described
> > what the user should put in footprint attribute to instantiate
> > particular footprint which he selects from the library?
>
> This is a FAQ:
>
> http://geda.seul.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=geda:pcb_tips#i_want_to_use_pcb_to_do_layout._how_do_i_know_what_value_to_use_for_the_footprint_attribute

Why aren't luciani's footprints included in the standard distribution? The
more symbols the program has the more useful it is. I suggest luciani's
footprints to be added into PCB.

I suggest also "Finally, a special-purpose website has been created to
distribute gEDA symbols and footprints: http://www.gedasymbols.org/, but
it currently needs donations." to be deleted from
http://geda.seul.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=geda:pcb_tips
because the site is not a repository of symbols and footprints,
despite claiming so. It doesn't contain either of them.

CL<