gEDA-user: gattrib unpleasant user interface

If I have the string "TMD axial 18.5x8mm" in package column
of C24 in gattrib and want to erase the "TMD" I click in the middle and
get the cursor between "TMD axi" and "al 18.5x8mm". Then I want to move
the cursor 4 characters left so I can erase the TMD. But instead the
cursor jumps on the first press of left arrow key into left neighbouring
field and the cursor position is lost.

I suggest the cursor to move one character left in such a situation and
not one field left. It's very annoying.

CL<