Re: gEDA-user: Usage vs. distribution of symbols

Karel,

Distribution is a usage that is restricted. The restriction is
that the distribution be performed without fee.
To meet the intent of the version 0.1 license the distribution would have
to be released using a license with the same restriction.

You are correct that this should be stated clearly in the license.
I will be making updates within the next few weeks and will update
the license wording.

Here is a draft of the new wording ---

Permission is granted to distribute these symbols verbatim,
individually or in a collection, provided that (1) no fee is charged
and (2) the individual symbol or symbol collection is licensed under
terms identical to this one.

Permission is granted to make and distribute modified versions of
these symbols individually or in a collection under the conditions for
verbatim distribution, provided that the entire resulting distribution
is released with license terms identical to this one.

(* jcl *)

--
http://www.luciani.org