gEDA-user: geda/PCB in Whitney Biennial, NYC

ALL:

There will be a project I've developed using geda/PCB for the pcb hardware in
the 2006 Whitney Biennial.

With my partner Natalie Jeremijenko, we're showing a piece called "For the
Birds".  It's a people-bird interaction platform.  It talks to birds -- it
talks to people.  There're some sensors, welded aluminum, and lots of molded
transparent urethane rubber to boot.

In the perch are two boards done with: geda --> gattrib --> gsch2pcb
(gnetlist) --> PCB --> gerbv --> commercial world fab --> --> lasercut mylar
stencil --> skillet reflow.

The show is March 2  thru May 28th.  It's at:

Whitney Museum of American Art
945 Madison Avenue at 75th Street
New York, NY 10021

If you're in New York, drop by and check it out.

Sources will be coming out in the Spring, along with a hacker's guide (if that
doesn't sound too strange).

This project is a tribute to how cool geda/PCB and it's community of users
are.  My thanks to everyone.

regards,
Phil Taylor
Chicago