Re: gEDA-user: gschem scale

On Feb 24, 2006, at 8:05 PM, Ales Hvezda wrote:

I wish I had never mentioned that the internal schematic unit
is mils. The units in gschem are not mils. :) I really ought to remove
that from the docs completely.

Well, if you look at title-C for example, it measures correctly when interpreted as mils.

Coincidence. :)

-Ales

When we were designing circuits for NASA's Chandra X-ray observatory, Tye Brady (then at MIT, now at Draper lab) judged that the Viewlogic symbols were scaled such that drawing within a B sheet envelope yielded the best balance between eyestrain and confusion when breaking up a schematic into pages to be published as A sheets. I have continued to observe this convention in gEDA.

The gschem library symbols seem to be be very similar to the Viewlogic symbols in scale. I doubt this is coincidence ;-)

jpd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx