Re: gEDA-user: PCB & Gschem

Karel Kulhavy wrote:

> Reading the tutorial and documentations, FAQs and Wiki takes very long
> time (Days? Weeks?).

Thats why there is a tutorial and eve a pretutorial. Nobody requires you
to read _all_ the docs.

> For example I am unable to concentrate long enough
> to be able to read all the doc. Tutorial is not enough because doesn't
> cover such basic things as making your own symbols and footprint.

Yes it does. Look about half the way downthe page. It even describes how
to set up an m4 library ---> This should be removed as it clearly is
osolete and every newbie is advised to choose the newlib.

> This problem can be solved by having a single manual in a tree structure
> optimized for access time (basically means ordinary properly done user
> manual).

Is this your application for the job as a geda manual author?

> put the answer to the place the
> question is born in user's mind. In this case put an URL to the gsch2pcb
> error message.
> "symbol xxx doesn't have footprint attribute" ->
> "You must supply footprint= attribute to symbol xxx. http://blah.blah.blah describes how."

ack. This kind of "heavy" error messages would be helpfull.

---<(kaimartin)>---

--
Kai-Martin Knaak
kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx