Re: gEDA-user: gEDA in Circuit Cellar again

> On Sat, Feb 25, 2006 at 06:39:33PM -0500, Stuart Brorson wrote:
> > Hey, thanks!
> >
> > The vision behind this article is to present a step-by-step guide for
> > total newbies to download gEDA, install it, and then use it to do a
> > (very) simple PCB design.  I try to explain the whole rigamarole of
> > drawing symbols, placing components, attaching attributes,
> > etc. etc. etc.
>
> Why not putting the step-by-step guide on gEDA website then, too?

That will happen in good time.  However, CC pays $$$ and gets both
gEDA *and* my writing exposure outside the closed world of geda-user,
all of which are bigger incentives to do things than react to the
whines and complaints on this e-mail list.

If somebody is serious about using gEDA, and wants a step-by-step
tutorial, they are encouraged to buy the magazine & read the articles
in the March & April issues.  If a person doesn't want to buy the mag,
then they can either wait for me to webify a modified version of that
tutorial (in a few months), read Bill Wilson's excellent tutorial
(already available for free on the web and covering much the same
material), or figure out how to use gEDA themselves using a
combination of trying things out and Googling.  It's actually not that
hard ...

Stuart