RE: gEDA-user: Drawing a schematic with a single-inline resistornetwork

This was the one error on my first gEDA board. I had created a symbol
called "op-amp" which really looked exactly like the gEDA "op-amp" in
the gEDA symbol library except it had the more typical pin placement (I
have no idea what IC that op-amp is supposed to be for because as far as
I could find, there is no 5/6 pin op-amp with that pin assignment).
Anyways, long story short, It chose the gEDA op-amp resulting in an
incorrect pin mapping with my footprint. Doh! Lesson learned...

Jeremy - Look up the data sheet for that resistor network and make a new
symbol for it. Using tragesym makes symbol creation a snap.

Additionally, *learn* to make your own newlib footprints. It is very
easy. The first time might take 30-60 minutes, but subsequent footprints
are a breeze. The footprints you make will be made how you want them to
be made, and not how I want them to be. There is a wide variance between
what board designers prefer when making footprints; and your board
assembly method can also drive pad sizes. Learning to make your own
footprints via the manual and looking at existing footprints, will help
you produce better boards.