gEDA-user: PCB Silk Screen vs ViewMate

Well I just successfully tested and signed off on my first gEDA board. It was a small 5”x3” 4 layer PCB that I had FAB’d at PCBexpress.com. Quality wise this board is on par with my last board which was a fairly complex 16 layer PCB done with Mentor. Hopefully I will never be using those other programs again =)

Anyways one thing somewhat bothers me and I am sure I just probably did something wrong. When I view the Silk screen in ViewMate, all the reference designators are a lot wider then they are when viewed in PCB. For example, a lower case “e” in PCB is perfect text, but in ViewMate there is no hole in the lower case e because the line width is a lot wider. Now this isn’t that big of an issue because you can still make out everything on the board. But it just makes the silk screen look like it is out of focus. Oh, and the physical silk screen on the board looks exactly as it did in ViewMate which is what I expected…