gEDA-user: Zoom without cursor redraw in gschem (make it like PCB?)

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a setting in gschem to prevent the cursor being redrawn to the middle of the screen upon zooming in or out? I'm sorry if this has been dealt with before, I googled to no avail.

My problem is that I use synergy (synergy2.sourceforge.net), a program for sharing the mouse and keyboard between multiple machines. I happily move my cursor off the right side of my PC screen and it smoothly moves into my laptop screen from the left.

My laptop is where I have gEDA tools installed, and I use the keyboard and mouse connected to my PC to work within it. But because synergy only knows an absolute position of the mouse on the client screen, after a zoom the mouse is redrawn in the centre of the screen by gschem, only to be pinged back to it's original position by synergy.

I have used synergy for a long time, and this is the first app to have a problem with it!

Another situation where gschem's zooming behaviour causes a problem is when using it with graphics tablet or tablet pc (drawing schematics and PCB layouts on a tablet pc is very nice!), because of course the cursor is controlled by a stylus and therefore can't be relocated to the centre of the screen.

I'm guessing that this behaviour has been designed to allow the cursor to be moved over a particular point which can then be zoomed into by as much as required, zooming into and out from this point. However other programs (PCB for example) achieve this more elegantly without ripping the cursor up from it's current position.

Any advice welcome.

thanks,
Justyn