gEDA-user: Re: gsch2pcb problem - latest CVS or latest Suse 10.1 upgrade?

I followed the second option of doing a clean CVS download and install and all is right with the world again. I might have just gotten a bad update... Unlucky I guess.
Kurt

Message: 4
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 09:03:29 -0500
From: Dan McMahill <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: gEDA-user: gsch2pcb problem - latest CVS or latest Suse
	10.1	upgrade?

KURT PETERS wrote:
I made some minor mods to a gschem file and ran gsch2pcb (I stupidly installed the cvs version before doing this AND updated Suse 10.1), and got the following:

-snip-
stdin:2: /usr/bin/m4: Bad expression in eval: /2

grep footprint= mnaxbo2_{1,2,3,4,5}.sch | sort -u

to get a list of all the footprints.  My guess is that somewhere in
there is something that conflicts with a variable used by the m4
footprints or perhaps there is a name that just isn't compatible.

If you want, you can post that list.

Your other option, if you're already building geda/gaf from cvs is to
build a brand new gsch2pcb and gnetlist.  I added an option last night
to gsch2pcb to totally disable using m4 for footprints.  Actually, m4 is
disabled by default and you'd have to use --use-m4 or put use-m4 in your
project file.  So my guess is that just updating gnetlist and gsch2pcb
will make your problem go away.

-Dan