gEDA-user: Re: ground plane fill

On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 14:45:40 -0400, Ryan Seal wrote:

> It seems other layout programs (eagle,protel) allow you to
> perform the routes, get everything the way you want it, and then apply a
> fill over the existing board. Normally, this will provide proper
> clearance around parts, traces, vias, etc... but the behavior seems
> different when using pcb. Can someone point me in the right direction or
> provide a short answer on the proper usage of the polygon/rectangle fill
> function.

I'll point you to the wiki:
http://geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:pcb_tips#the_polygons_are_shorting_my_tracks_what_can_i_do_about_it

In short: Lines and vias contain a flag, wether or not a polygon will keep
clear of them. You may want to check "New lines, arcs clear polygons" in
the settings menu. This applies to new lines only. You can clear the join
flag for a bunch of lines via the comand line. See the comment of Lares.

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
http://lilalaser.de/blog