Re: gEDA-user: www.66each.com

On Tue, Feb 13, 2007 at 02:12:30AM -0500, DJ Delorie wrote:

> > In fact, the larger board and 4 layers are what have me looking into
> > gaf/pcb.
>
> PCB supports boards up to 32"x32" for sure, and may support up to 1/4
> mile per side.  I've tested it at 53 or so layers, it can handle as
> many as you recompile it for but 16 is the default limit.

Oh absolutely.  It's just a matter of whether the capabilities, the open
nature and the low, low price are enough to overcome the bugs and the,
uh, quirks of the user interface.  I'm not likely to use 53 layers and
a 40 acre board, but I would like the ratsnesting to work in a sane
fashion and I'd like auto DRC to let me actually draw traces to pads in
the same net...

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD
<ben@xxxxxxx>