Re: gEDA-user: symbol for DIL-16 & DIL-20 IC sockets?

On Thu, Feb 15, 2007 at 05:21:14PM -0500, DJ Delorie wrote:

> > I am assuming that Paul wanted some line drawings of sockets to make
> > a schematic symbol that looks like a socket. The Amp line drawings
> > would work well for symbols or a footprints.
>
> Ah, right.  The "symbol looks like the part" technique.

I want only to use any schematic symbol so can to add the right footprint
attribute for IC socket with 16 or 20 pins.

I need to make a PCB on which want to use IC socket DIL 16 POL and IC
socket DIL 20 POL (I don't know whether are these the right names for
these components).

The IC socket DIL 16 POL want to use to connect two optocaplers MCT6
with the PCB and IC socket DIL 20 POL want to use to connect one
SN74HCT245N.

--
Regards, Paul Csányi