Re: gEDA-user: Next step questions

Thanks super.  I had gone to the yum install, as when I originally built and installed gEDA I could only get it to work in my home directory (didn't seem to like the Fedora setup).  Is this newer build easier to install system wide on Fedora?  Any pointers?
Again, thanks,
Craig

On 2/16/07, DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks super, John, DJ & Harry!  Question: during my last install, I
> just used yum on Fedora to install gEDA.  Would the December changes
> appear on a yum update?

Probably not; the last snapshot was just a week ago, and the previous
one was August.

> If not, can I just overwrite my current pcb executable with that
> from the current snapshot, or is there more to do?

Probably better to remove the installed rpm first, then build the
latest snapshot and install it.  That was you won't confuse yum
if/when you upgrade.  You'll also get the upgraded footprint libraries
at the same time.

Note that in previous releases, the executable is pcb-bin and "pcb" is
a wrapper script.  In the latest snapshot, the executable is pcb and
there is no wrapper script.