gEDA-user: Next step questions

Hi gEDA gurus,

Well, my PCB arrived in the mail a short while ago.  I soldered in the components, and everything works beautifully.  *Many thanks* for those who helped me with my questions from design to fabrication.  For those who are interested, a blog of robot #3's brain can be found at http://craigbot.blogspot.com.  gEDA is a spectacular tool indeed.

So I have some questions now that my feet are a little wet:

1. Is it possible when autorouting traces in PCB to have some automatically set to one set of thicknesses, drill hole sizes, etc. and others automatically set to another set of thicknesses, drill hole sizes, etc?  Or must I always select traces by hand to be autorouted to a specific set of thicknesses, drill hole sizes, etc?

2. I noticed in examining the PCB design after autorouting that extra "nubbins" occasionally appeared on traces.  I deleted these by hand, which was somewhat painstaking.  I also noticed one unconnected trace--it went almost all the way to the pad, but didn't connect.  I fixed that by hand.  Has anyone else experienced these occasional oddities?

3. In my next PCB, I need to add surface mount components.  I've noticed that some part data sheets spec out the pad sizes, but many don't--they just spec out the part feet.  Are there good general rules for making SMT pads?  Generally, what should the space be *between* the pads?

Many, many, MANY thanks,
Craig