Re: gEDA-user: Next step questions

On 2/15/07, Craig Niederberger <craignied@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi gEDA gurus,

3. In my next PCB, I need to add surface mount components.  I've noticed
that some part data sheets spec out the pad sizes, but many don't--they just
spec out the part feet.  Are there good general rules for making SMT pads?
Generally, what should the space be *between* the pads?

I've been able to find manufacturer's footprint recommendations for all of the SMT parts that I have used. Here are some links ---

http://www.nxp.com/package
http://focus.ti.com/general/docs/packaging.jsp
http://www.maxim-ic.com/design/packaging/
http://www.national.com/packaging/folders/pkg_index.html
http://www.irf.com/package/
http://www.onsemi.com/PowerSolutions/supportTechDoc.do?id=1165
http://www.analog.com/Analog_Root/Packages/Packages_Home/
http://www.linear.com/designtools/PkgInfo.jsp

(* jcl *)

P.S. The Linear Tech site (linear.com) appears to be down at the moment.

--
http://www.luciani.org