Re: gEDA-user: gsch2pcb problems - I think!

Dan,

Sorry, I inadvertently sent you a copy of project1 using only 2 of the
symbol slots, Test_2.sch and Test_3.sch.  I can run that version
correctly as well.

I expect you will see a failure if you add Test_1.sch to the project1
file.

I'm attaching an altered copy of project1 below.

    Harold Skank

On Sat, 2007-02-24 at 12:33 -0500, Dan McMahill wrote:
> Harold D. Skank wrote:
> > Dan & Co.
> >
> > I have attached all the files revelant to this problem below, i.e. the
> > pcb footprint, the *.sym files from gEDA, the schematic and project
> > files and a copy of the error output from the gsch2pcb command.
> >
> > I VERY much appreciate any assistance on this problem.  While I don't
> > see the notation in these files, in other files I have seen references
> > to format #f "~:@{~A-~A ~} that you cite below.
> >
> > Here's hoping this will help you find the problem.
> >
> >     Harold Skank
>

> hmmm.
>
> I'm not able to reproduce this.
>
> When you run gsch2pcb, try adding "-v".  You'll see that
>

> gnetlist -g PCB -o TestOut.net Test_2.sch Test_3.sch
>
> is called.
>
> When I run that command by hand or as part of gsch2pcb, it succeeds and
> I see the GND net in TestOut.net.  I also tried
>
> gnetlist -g PCB -o TestOut.net Test_1.sch Test_2.sch Test_3.sch Test_4.sch
>
> and it also worked.
>
> What version of guile are you using?
>
>   % guile --version
> Guile 1.6.6
>

> How about gnetlist?
>
> % gnetlist
> gEDA/gnetlist version 20070216
>

> All I did was save all your attachments to an empty directory and add  a
> gafrc file with
>
> (component-library ".")
>
> in it.
>

> Anyone else able to reproduce the problem?
>
> -Dan

# List all the schematics to be netlisted
# and laid out on the pcboard.
schematics Test_1.sch Test_2.sch Test_3.sch

# Give a location for the footprints file
elements-dir /usr/tools/geda-install/share/pcb/newlib

# For an output-name of foo, gsch2pcb generates files
# foo.net, foo.pcb, and foo.new.pcb.  If there is no
# output-name specified, the file names are derived from
# the first listed schematic, i.e. first.net, etc.
output-name TestOut