Re: gEDA-user: PCB slowdown?

> Line 2046 in draw.c attempts to check for the thindraw flag but it
> seems you've moved the thin drawing into the hid (but only for
> lesstif). The GTK gui correctly handles thin draw of the polygons,
> which make the panning and zooming much faster for the sbc board.

Yup, I saw that.  That's when I decided I needed to centralize the
thindraw stuff.  Lesstif shouldn't have its own copy, but neither
should the core drawing routines need to know about them.

I was thinking about making a thindraw HID that could layer itself on
top of any other hid to provide thindraw functionality.  Imagine a
thindraw EPS export :-)

> I suppose the dicing results should be cached for fast re-use

That would help a lot, if you can do it.  It affects zooming and
panning too.