Re: gEDA-user: PCB slowdown?

On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 21:55:42 -0500
DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Line 2046 in draw.c attempts to check for the thindraw flag but it
> > seems you've moved the thin drawing into the hid (but only for
> > lesstif). The GTK gui correctly handles thin draw of the polygons,
> > which make the panning and zooming much faster for the sbc board.
>
> Yup, I saw that.  That's when I decided I needed to centralize the
> thindraw stuff.  Lesstif shouldn't have its own copy, but neither
> should the core drawing routines need to know about them.
>
> I was thinking about making a thindraw HID that could layer itself on
> top of any other hid to provide thindraw functionality.  Imagine a
> thindraw EPS export :-)

Wouldn't the EPS export HID be able to do this right now if it would set
the THINDRAWFLAG internally?

A few weeks ago I made a modification to the GTK hid to add the Thin poly
draw option as available in Lesstif. Instead of implementing it locally
like Lesstif does I added a hid action to do this. If you are interested
I can send you a patch.

Hans

> > I suppose the dicing results should be cached for fast re-use
>
> That would help a lot, if you can do it.  It affects zooming and
> panning too.

$ cat .sig /dev/null