Re: gEDA-user: nets in symbols

On Monday 26 February 2007 16:06, Seb James wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> I defined a new symbol, for the Mesa Electronics 7I33 daughter board.
>
> This has 104 pins, of which about half connect to ground.
>
> The start of the symbol file is appended to the end of this email, and I
> attached the complete symbol file.
>
> If you look at the first 15 lines or so, you'll see I defined a GND net and
> a +5V net for two subsets of the pins.
>
> So far so good...
>
> Problem 1
> --------------
> However, gnetlist -g drc2 ..... is telling me that these pins are of
> "unknown" type, which is true - I didn't set the type.
>
> How would I set the type for these nets? All the examples I have seen of
> setting the pintype attribute have related to a single, visible pin, rather
> than a declaration for a set of pins like this:
>
> net=GND:2,4,6
>
> The symbol creation guide (http://geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:scg) tells you
> how to set the power pins of a NAND gate, but I can't see that the pintypes
> of the power pins for that symbol are set.

Relating to my problem 1, I found this message:

http://osdir.com/ml/gmane.comp.cad.geda.user/2006-03/msg00267.html

Which relates to this "pintype of hidden power pins" problem. A patch was
posted and applied, so I think I need to use a more recent version of
gschem/gnetlist with my design. I'm currently using 20060123 as that is the
version which is easiest to install on Gentoo Linux.

Seb