Re: gEDA-user: How to maybe get your favorite misfeatures fixed (was: Re: PCB question)

[snip]
>OK, "wart alert". I go into preferences and I expect to see the

[snip]

>I'll file bug reports for these.

Thank you Steve.  Not speaking for the PCB developers, but I'm sure they
appreciate the bug reports; I know I do.

Just a reminder that there are really only three ways to get misfeatures
fixed (listed from the most effective to the most expensive):

1) Submit a patch for the misfeature to the appropriate patch tracker.
   For gEDA/gaf:
   For PCB:
   In the last code sprint, the gEDA/gaf developers cleared out almost
   all of the outstanding patches.  Nothing gets my full attention more
   than a report with a patch attached.  Really.

2) File a bug report in the appropriate bug tracker and maybe one of
   the developers will feel motivated or a desire to fix it at some point.
   For gEDA/gaf:
   For PCB:
   If you do not file a report and just whine on the mailing lists, I can
   pretty much guarantee it (your post, your whine, and/or maybe even you)
   will be ignored.  Sorry, but developer bandwidth is limited and certainly
   not infinite. :-(

3) Hire a developer.  I'm sure there are several developers here who
   are willing to fix your favorite pet peeve.  But this, of course,
   won't be cheap, as everybody's free time is extremely valuable.

-Ales
"broken record player"

--
Ales Hvezda