Re: gEDA-user: Printing schematics

On Thu, 2008-01-31 at 22:28 -0500, Ian Chapman wrote:
> Hi, almost thee.  My Makefile generated all the dot.ps files like it
> should.  I generated all the dot.pdf files one at a time using ps2pdf
> and they are really fine looking schematics.  It failed to generate a
> schematic_all_pages.ps file and went off course from then on.
> Regards Ian.
>
> Make error
> ps2pdf schematic_all_pages.ps schematic_all_pages.pdf
> Error: /undefinedfilename in (schematic_all_pages.ps)
> Operand stack:
>
> ./PS_merge.pl all.ps Sheet01.ps Sheet02.ps Sheet03.sch produced a lot
> of text on the screen but that was all.

Ah, you're using DJ's psmerge script, you probably want your command to
be:

./PS_merge.pl $^ > $@

(It writes to the console with the output, which we re-direct to the
desired file, $@)

the program "psmerge" which you can get with "apt-get install psmerge"
takes an option "-oFILENAME" for the output.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,