Re: gEDA-user: Problem with 2N3906 model in gnucap

al davis wrote:
> I assume you are aware that those model parameters need to be
> taken with a bit of suspicion.  For example, the NPN gives
> a "Bf" value (forward beta) of 416.4.   For real transistors
> this parameter varies widely.  Any number from 200 to 500 would
> be believable, and they do vary this much in production.  Other
> parameters vary like this too.  I just picked this one because
> the beta of a transistor is well understood.

Beta also varies with collector current, do the simulators (and these
models) account for this behavior?  In fact, the curves for different
transistors (beta vs. IC) are so incredibly different - some flat, some
very peaky before rolling off.

Just curious.

gene