Re: gEDA-user: gschem new component problems

On Wed, 2008-02-06 at 06:47 -0500, gene wrote:
> I created a new symbol and placed it into a directory called
> myProject/sym but it did not appear in the component selection dialog
> box.  So, I shut down gschem, reopened it, and there is my symbol!  Is
> it necessary to do some sort of refresh on the component selection
> dialog box?

There is a refresh button next to the "Clear" button of the filter
entry.

> Also, after making an edit to the symbol, the edits don't appear until
> after restarting gschem.  Presumably, the same issue.

Refresh the symbol library. Copies of the symbol within the schematic
page won't be updated until you save and reload the page.

(I'd suggest "File->Save" and then "Page->Revert" as a quick way to do
this for a large number of components).

There is "Edit->Update Component" (shortcut "ep"), however I'm not sure
if this works with non-embedded symbols. Its main use is to update an
embedded symbol to match a newer version on disk.

> I am using gschem 1.4.0 20080127

Great! Nice to see people taking advantage of the latest code.

Best wishes,

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,