Re: gEDA-user: multi-page hierarchy

Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:

> * Is there a limit to the number of subsheets or the depth of levels?

Since gnetlist makes a flat netlist only, not a netlist of netlists
that references other leaf cell netlists, you hit a practical naming limit
quickly.  The netlist nodes 4 levels down will look like:
S3/S1/S1/S1/U1-2 S3/S1/S1/S1/U1-3 S3/S1/S1/S2/U1-2 S3/S1/S1/S2/U1-3 etc...
Not easy to read...

> * Can a subsheet be instantiated multiple times? I.e. can I make
> sure, the multiple instances get different refdes numbers and
> separated nets in the netlist?

Sure.  The nets look like that example above.

"a schematic set with embedded symbols"    Can you post it to this list too?

I'll put it on my server here:  http://ecosensory.com/geda/

a2d12ch-emb.sch a2d12ch-lp-emb.sch

John Griessen
--