Re: gEDA-user: Gschem: net names / symbols question

Op zaterdag 16-02-2008 om 13:41 uur [tijdzone -0500], schreef Stuart
Brorson:
> I don't know why people want to have a symbol designating a power
> connection.  Just draw a net from the pin you wish to connect, then
> name the whatever you want.  Use the attribute "netname" on the net.
>
> Stuart

In my opinion, it's both clearer and "tidier" to have a specific symbol
designating a particular bus voltage (or any widely distributed signal,
such as RESET and the likes), as compared to a blind ended netline with
a bit of text somewhere in the neighbourhood.
In many schematics, I see these text boxes with one pointed side for
connection to a net, with the text designating the signal mnemonic --
and I understand that these named net symbols in gEDA fulfil more or
less the same function. Or do I misunderstand something?

Anyway, adding :1 as the pin number indeed did the trick when creating
named nets plus symbols. So thanks to everyone who replied to my
question.

Best regards,

Richard Rasker