gEDA-user: PCB windows on a small screen

(Deliberately on geda-user list to solicit a wider opinion on this)

Hi,

I'm just linking an Ubuntu bug report here in case it is of interest:

https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pcb/+bug/111405

PCB struggles on a small screen (1024x768 is still relatively common),
and the OP wonders if we should be shipping with the default layout
being a more compact one.

Its a difficult question to answer though, as the layout is such a
matter of personal preference. I don't think there is any obviously
correct way to figure out a default at run-time either.

We "could" query the size of the screen, and make the default layout
options respond to that, however I'm not immediately convinced this is a
good idea.

Thoughts?

--
Peter Clifton