gEDA-user: cat to chase rats

How does one go about making the rats disappear when a trace is routed?
There is always a bit of rat left between the endpoints of the pad/pin
and trace - not all of my pads line up nicely on the grid - even though
the trace overlaps the pin/pad by a substantial amount.  I had this
problem initially after installing PCB from the Fedora repositories
(compiled 2007, ~Feb), but it returned when I compiled and installed the
a more recent (2008 Feb) source.

Many thanks!