gEDA-user: PCB Ground Plane - Autowiring?

Hello @all,
during the last Week is started a Project with gEDA, right now the
Schematics are complete, but now I want to layout the whole thing using
PCB. I want to use a 4-layer pcb (signal, vcc, gnd, signal).

1. Is there an comfortable way of telling pcb to connect all vcc and gnd
nets to the correct plane? To put and connect every pad by hand-putting a
via and connecting it with a thermal to the plane doesn't seem very
comfortable to me... BTW the design is using SMD-only components.

2. I'm using a PowerPAD (TM) Device, which has a pad to connect thermal
and electrical to the ground plane. How to connect best to the plane?
(Also thermal - so not using "thermal".)

3. I need to connect the output from my onboard switching power supply to
the corresponding planes (5.1V/2.2A). Do you have any recommendations how
to connect a high current trace to a plane?

BTW: After drawing a large schematic with gschem and also building some
new footprints with pcb I'm quite lucky that I choosed gEDA. ;)

Thanks in advance,

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
cand. Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Marcel Schmedes
Research & Technology
Cockpit Cabin Control

Diehl Aerospace GmbH
An der Sandelmuehle 13
D-60439 Frankfurt/Main
Phone: +49 (0) 69 5805-1712
Mail: marcel.schmedes.extern@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www. http://www.diehl-aerospace.de

.
Der Inhalt dieser E-Mail ist für den Absender rechtlich nicht verbindlich.
Informieren Sie uns bitte, wenn Sie diese E-Mail fälschlicherweise erhalten haben (Fax: +49-7551-891-4001). Bitte löschen Sie in diesem Fall die Nachricht. Jede Form der weiteren Benutzung ist untersagt.
.
The content of this e-mail is not legally binding upon the sender.
If this e-mail was transmitted to you by error, then please inform us accordingly (Fax: +49-7551-891-4001). In such case you are requested to erase the message. Any use of such e-mail message is strictly prohibited.