Re: gEDA-user: PCB Ground Plane - Autowiring?

> 1. Is there an comfortable way of telling pcb to connect all vcc and
> gnd nets to the correct plane? To put and connect every pad by
> hand-putting a via and connecting it with a thermal to the plane
> doesn't seem very comfortable to me... BTW the design is using
> SMD-only components.

You'd expect the autorouter to do this, but it doesn't.  Sorry, it's
manual.

> 2.I'm using a PowerPAD (TM) Device, which has a pad to connect
> thermal and electrical to the ground plane. How to connect best to
> the plane?  (Also thermal - so not using "thermal".)

Use a via, and shift-click the thermal tool, for each connected layer,
until it's "solid" instead of thermalled.

> 3. I need to connect the output from my onboard switching power supply to
> the corresponding planes (5.1V/2.2A). Do you have any recommendations how
> to connect a high current trace to a plane?

Multiple solid-connected vias.  The "width" of the trace will be the
circumference of the via's hole.