Re: gEDA-user: PCB Ground Plane - Autowiring?

   The way I do this is to put my mouse over a via in the appropriate
   net, hit 'F' for 'Find', save the file.  Then, in a text editor, I
   navigate to the via section and replace all of the "found" flags with
   "found,thermal(1x)" or whatever layer I am looking for.  The very next
   step is to optimize the rats ('O') and read the log window to ensure
   that you haven't inadvertently created any shorts.  I haven't written
   a script to do this, but it's on the list...
   -Ethan
   DJ Delorie wrote:

1. Is there an comfortable way of telling pcb to connect all vcc and
gnd nets to the correct plane? To put and connect every pad by
hand-putting a via and connecting it with a thermal to the plane
doesn't seem very comfortable to me... BTW the design is using
SMD-only components.

You'd expect the autorouter to do this, but it doesn't.  Sorry, it's
manual.