Re: gEDA-user: Yet another footprint generator available

> The "edge2" flag is not supported by my generator currently -- I have
> never understood the correct use of this flag, and I have not seen any
> result if I include it...

I suspect it's mostly used for the pinout window - it tells you which
way to orient the text, by keeping track of where the pin/pad is
relative to the "center" of the element.  For pins, it's a horiz/vert
flag, for pads it's the end furthest from the center.

There is logic in pcb to automatically set these when the bounding box
is computed, so it's likely you don't need to worry about them.