gEDA-user: xgsch2pcb demo videos

Hi guys,

I was just filing some things into my "gEDA_screenshots" directory, and
came across some .ogg screencasts which haven't really seen the light of
day. I made these rehearsing a screencast demonstration for an
undergraduate robot design course. I never did the real, mistake-free
screen-cast, but I thought I'd link these here anyway.

They show off xgsch2pcb for those who've never seen it, show off basic
gEDA usage, (and watching them back), various basic gEDA mistakes, and
workflow inefficiencies. (And I'm a gEDA developer, so looking at myself
making those mistakes is painful!).

DJ, perhaps you'll note how bad an idea it is for xgsch2pcb to drop
components into the top corner of the schematic!

http://www2.eng.cam.ac.uk/~pcjc2/geda/xgsch2pcb_demo.ogg       ( 8M)
http://www2.eng.cam.ac.uk/~pcjc2/geda/xgsch2pcb_idp_demo.ogg   (11M)
http://www2.eng.cam.ac.uk/~pcjc2/geda/xgsch2pcb_idp_demo2.ogg  (26M)

Perhaps watching people working like this, and making real mistakes
gives clues to where the workflow is non-intuitive, or fragile.

Best wishes,

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,