gEDA-user: gnetlist verilog back end gnet-verilog.scm

This is probably a Mike Jarabek question:

I don't get usable hierarchic netlist output when I have placed schematics and use the gnet-verilog.scm back-end.
It drops the module definitions and endmodule statements of the placed symbols that refer to schematics.

So, is that the normal behavior, and I need to not use hierarchy, and run gnetlist on every schematic, then cat them together?

There seems to be no existing gnetlist concatenate function.  Would handling this in scheme be difficult?

By "this" I mean taking all the files referred to by source= attribs and running gnet-verilog.scm on each in order,
then putting that to the gnetlist output.   gnet-verilog.scm is ready to create a one level netlist -- one module's worth of
verilog.

Using a makefile is the obvious thought.  Make could just take a list or all .sch in a dir and run them and cat them together
to a filename.

Handling it without make complexity separate from the back end chosen would be nice
though, so I ask, "Anyone seen existing scheme code that could use source=verilog_io.sch to trigger running it again on the
referenced file then outputting that to the same place as usual?

Thanks,

John Griessen
--
Ecosensory   Austin TX